cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

how to form a curve onto a curved surface

ptc-5379844
1-Newbie

how to form a curve onto a curved surface

hello all,

im having a little difficulty with forming a curve "buldge" on angled surfece (almost moulds out of the original shape), i have tried creating a new plane and working off that but it dosnt seem to work, i have attahced pictures to show what i mean.

any suggestions would be greatly apprecated

thank you

3 REPLIES 3

You might need to be a bit more specific. I am not sure I understand your question.

Typically, if you have a specific section in mind that requires a transition, you would use a sweep through varying sections.

There are many ways to accomplish "surfacing" and "shapes" but your approach should be rather methodical for good control. If you just want to rough it out, you might look at the warp feature and move the marque to a more localized region.

If you are working with surface features, you can merge multiple profiles and follow through with a round feature.

These are only a few ways to accomplish basic profile changes.

You can draw a curve on a flat surface or plane and then project it on a curved surface by project command in model tab.

Here is my suggesion,

You may make a curve through the datum points or vertexes, and make it's both end points tangent with the appropriate surface, then just mark on a 'keep curve on surface' and select the surface.

You will notice the curve on the curved surface.

Top Tags