cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

importing from a 3d scanner

adelturco
1-Newbie

importing from a 3d scanner

Hi all, I am currently using creo 3.0 student edition and want to scan in images for editing. my scanner imports files in stl. and obj which apparently are supported in creo but when I try to extrude/ remove material the removal tool is unavailable. I also can not select the surface of this object if I wish to extrude to it. any help is greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

As a rule, you cannot manipulate facet data. 

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:adelturco)

I think you would need the Reverse Engineering Module in Creo to work with STL data.

Or some other Reverse Engineering Software.

Though you may be able to create cross section curves from the STL data in Creo Parametric and start building the model from there.

Hi Andrew,

You can convert a STL file to a solid part file by saving a copy of the STL file as a shrinkwrap.  You can find additional information in the following document:

CS69498 - How to create solid model from an STL or WRL file in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire & Creo Parametric

If you don't have a user name and password for PTC support, you can create one here.

Thanks,

Amit

The article says you need the advanced assembly extension.

Top Tags