cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

modeling by multi users

visu
1-Newbie

modeling by multi users

Dear users and experts

I have a small doubt regarding working style in pro-e. Usually single person only do assembly.

Is't any possible to work multiple users in a single assembly?

Eg: I am going to design RO plant

In that we have 50 areas, in a single assembely multiple user can design at a time?

Regards

Viswanathan.K

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
13 REPLIES 13
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:visu)

Could you set up the areas of the plant have connection points between the area and then put the areas together like an assembly? Is there different system with in the plant that can be designed independantly and the "assembled" together to the final plant layout.

I am not sure what an RO plant is? Are there work cells that can be designed independantly and then put together in the final plant layout?

Just some thoughts.

HI

i accept this i too thinked same way.

Actually it's piping field job.

Eg: In single area we have civil work, structural,piping,supports,HVAC,Cabling.

Did multiple user can work in single area at a time?

1.civil

2.structural

3.piping

4.supports

5.HVAC

6.Cabling.

Is't posible?

i hope you understood. sorry if my english is not good.

linda
5-Regular Member

without pdm link

creat plan.asm

insert skelton to make a plan layout, other departments refer to this layout

insert civil.asm,piping.asm ...

save plan.asm

creat civil_ext using new ext.rep.simp which includes the skeleton and the civil.asm inside the plan.asm

control access to plan.asm by just copy the civil_ext.asm to civil department, when they finish the work, they copy the civil.ext.asm and its components back to you.

only you have the plan.asm, others have different ext.rep.simp of plan.asm for different departments, generally it is the layout and their assembly which will be used in the plan.asm.

With pdm link

different department work on their own product content, you just make an assembly with assembly from different product contents, the system can find them automatically.

linda

linda
5-Regular Member

hi,there

the external simplified representation is just for that.

you have a general layout(top assembly)for the plan, than you assembly different work area (subassembly) at the proper location on the layout(top assembly), make a new assembly as external simplified representation of the top assembly for different department to design piping, cabling, hvac...

every department can work on their own assembly. You can control the access by give them the top assembly, so they can put the piping, cabling,hvac refering to each other , or you can limit the access of other department by hold the top assembly at your hand, and then you check the relative position, to see if modification is needed or not.

hope it can help somewhat.

linda

visu
1-Newbie
(To:linda)

hi there

Could you please say briefly?

I am creating plant.asm(top level), In that creating 5 sub assembiles like piping,cabling,civil,hvac,structural.

How i can control access by giving them top assembely?

or

how i can limit access by holding top assembely??

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

The individual departments would create their own assembly and insert your "master_plan" model into it. You Master_Plan model must be understood to be a read only file which will be purged if modified. In the same way, these departments could insert the other department's models, again knowing that they will change and should avoid building relationships to them.

Within departments, you would assign disciplines. People have to know what models they have rights to.

Are you using a PDM system to manage models?

Hi

Yes we are using PDM,Windchill 10.0.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

In that case, rights management should be much simpler.

HI

I followed the link it's says

check account status displays.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

You probably need to sign in with an active maintenance account.

hi

I dont have the active maintenance account.

How i can get that?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Maintenance is a yearly fee that is paid for software updates. If you have purchased a package anytime in the last year, you have access to maintenance benefits. If you keep up with paying for maintenance anually, you also have access to several PTC events. Maintenance also includes the Learning Connector and access to the Ideas section of the forum... oh, and you get access to customer support.

Top Tags