cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

only used tools listed in table

ptc-676778
1-Newbie

only used tools listed in table

I'm trying to create a cover sheet for process drawings that shows just the tools used by the process. I can only seem to get it to list all the tools in the machine. I know I can delete all the unused tools, but that doesn't seem necessary. Any ideas?

The best I can do right now is to show a list of all operations and tools used for each step, but that has duplicates, which I can't seem to remove through attributes. I would like one list that shows the operator all the tools needed for the job, without having to scan the list for duplicates.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Dave Ford and I worked out a solution,

I suggested a compromise after trying and trying to get tool pocket and tool id in the same table...

I ended up showing the tools used list in the lower left corner, the complete tool list in the upper right corner and you can find which pocket the "used" tools are in by looking in the complete list. It allows me to keep a default machine loaded with tools and keeps me from having to remove all unused tools from it each time I print out a process sheet.

The problem seems to be that you cannot output tool_position along with &mfg.oper.step.tool_id and &mfg.oper.step.tool_comment. The only place the pocket location is available is &mfg.oper.workcell.head.tooltbl.tool_pocket.tool_position, so I compromised and used the latter in the upper right table and the former 2 in the lower left table. The upper right table also uses &mfg.oper.workcell.head.tooltbl.tool_id and &mfg.oper.workcell.head.tooltbl.TOOL_COMMENT

Then, Dave suggested the winning solution:

Jeffrey,

Ifound that you can get the tool number via the “pocket_number” parameter. It is not directly selectable from the report symbol interface. You can use [mfg] [oper] [step] [user_defined] and type in any parameter that you want.

This looks promising for a list of tools used by the operation:

Table (with attribute “no duplicates”)

·Pocket number: &mfg.oper.step.pocket_number

·Tool ID (our crib ID#): &mfg.oper.step.tool_id

·Tool Comment (standard description of the tool): &mfg.oper.step.tool_comment

·Additional comments: I added a comment cell for additional notes.

Regards,

Dave Ford

Dave's suggestion worked like a charm. I made one adjustment and all is well. I added [.0] to the end of the pocket command, so that it would display as an integer, i.e. (&mfg.oper.step.pocket_number[.0]) I also sorted the column. I attached a screenshot of the final table.

I hope this helps.

Lastly, I got another suggestion that I'll pass along. I think it is more related to a tool list printing out in the G code. Here is that post and I've attached the 2 files as well. Thanks to John Durrant for that post.

I do this thru FIL routines in GPost. It is only a text file, not graphical. Included are files that show the steps. They are not drag and drop but if you have some GPost experience, I think they are straight forward. You don’t have to use the INCLUDE/ way of doing this but I do the same thing on multiple posts and it makes it so I only have to make changes in one place.

Good Luck,

John Durrant

hi Jeffrey,

when you said that you added a "comment cell" for additional comments....what does that mean? and how do you do it?

I would liketo be able to add a tool holder description somewhere in the tool manager and have it populate thru a repeat region on my set-up sheet.

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

paul

Top Tags