cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

switch to Creo yet?

bbrejcha
12-Amethyst

switch to Creo yet?

How many companies can you name that has completely switched over to Creo
already? I'm doing a design engine article on that very topic and already
have one design firm that has completely switched.... Please give me your
thoughts.

--
Bart Brejcha
*DESIGN-ENGINE**|EDUCATION*
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I'm a design consultancy in Silicon Valley. All my clients that have Pro/E internally are still on WF 4. I'm only using WF 5 for those clients of mine that do NOT have Pro/E in-house already. I've yet to touch Creo 1.0. Ugh.

Cheers!

We have completely switched to Creo 1.0 M020 but not sure we want our name in an article. lol

So far, it's been fairly smooth with some bumps along the way. There is one big bug that we need to figure out how to resolve with creating contact analysis in Creo 1.0 M020. It seems that PTC moved some of the contact analysis that used to be in the basic license to the advanced license by mistake and now we can't run any in Creo but it works in WF5. Creo 1.0 M030 is supposedly going to fix this but I am not sure what we are going to do from now until March when it's expected to release.

Everything else seems to be working smoothly with some users complaining here and there but that's normal. 🙂

Overall it's a much better experience and easier to use than WF5. I was suprised to find some of the 8-bit Atari 2600 icons updated to hi-resolution versions between F000 and M020. I hope PTC continues to do this and make the product look more complete than the original release. Some icons are still 8-bit Atari versions but I hope to see them get updated as we move along.

The Menu Manager is the most disappointing thing to see. It's like a ghost that haunts you and you can't get rid of it. PTC really needs to lock down their resources and remove all Menu Manager features from Creo if they want to convince people it's a new 1.0 Product.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Top Tags