Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Gantt chart as chart type

Add Gantt chart as chart type

It would be very nice to have a simple Gantt chart as a standard chart type.

The chart should accept at least parameters for

- the chart's  time frame

- a field containing the start date

- a field containing the end date

- a computed label

5 Comments
Level 10

Chart Type "Trend chart" should also allow to use Queries as Pre-Fetch of  Items.

Level 11

Hello Matthias,

I also can offer something in this area.

Take a look at this: Using Integrity as Project Planning Tool

Volker

Level 7

Matthias Rump‌ Let us know if your use case was satisfied by the suggestions from Klaus Hoppe‌ & Volker Eckardt‌ ?

Level 10

@Siddarth Somani

My input "Chart Type "Trend chart" should also allow to use Queries as Pre-Fetch of  Items." is a hint onto a missing functionality, not a suggestion for a workaround.

Level 11

Siddharth Somani wrote:

Matthias Rump Let us know if your use case was satisfied by the suggestions from Klaus Hoppe & Volker Eckardt ?

Definitely not.

We would like to use gant charts eg. in a dashboard (e. to have time-oriented overview on a projects progress based on workitems) just like oterh chart type.

Klaus just added a feature request (which I fully support) to the general idea.

Volker's post describes a workaround/improvement in the area of browser based reports. The technical background of that might be applicable in the new browser based UI-Concept for ILM, but IMHO has no value for the fat client users right now.

I wouldn't even limit my idea to the concrete chart type "gant" but more to a generally "time oriented" chart types that is not a just trend line.

Use cases could be

- roadmaps

- timelines

- Progress reports

- team/project schedule balancing