Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring an item/document in Integrity Requirement Management

Restoring an item/document in Integrity Requirement Management

In requirement management, if I unfortunately deleted some item then if I try to restore it back, then its very difficult. I need to view the document history, then look for the attribute content then have to add the item content manually. Moreover this leads to adding of new Item ID and cannot restore back the existing deleted Item.

It will be nice if PTC provides below features,

1. Adding back the dropped item as similar to "Add from Archive" in Source (this is more flexible)

2. Restoring an item on particular point of time,

•      Assume, I have edited an item and saved it. If I try to undo my editing, its not possible. In this case I need to manually remove my modification.
  •      If the restore feature is available, then I shall select the item and will choose "as of" timing to restore it back.
  •      Anyway each changes were stored by integrity and could be viewed if I "view as of", so no separate effort require to store the changes

3. Restoring back the entire document (may be based on access privilege, like only DocAdmin shall perform this)

This shall save much time, also shall eliminate manual effort and provide more accuracy results.

Its truly as similar to "Add from Archive" and "Restore projects" commands available in Source Integrity.

Advantage:

This will eliminate hanging of deleted reference Items

Provide more accurate "undo"/"restore" data

Helps to avoid manual editing that saves lot of time.

Thanks and Regards,

Sathish