Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support of Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers for PTC Integrity

Support of Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers for PTC Integrity

The character font gets changed and the text is printed with a weird text when printing an item from web UI using Internet Explorer or Google Chrome

Integrity web UI supports Mozilla Firefox but some of the character font is not supported by Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers

11 Comments
Level 9

Is this really a product idea, rather than a bug fix request? Which version of  Integrity are you using?

We have experienced a problem with character sets different between gui and web interface in a bad way starting with 10.9 (we jumped  from 10.4).

It's been confirmed as a bug by PTC and the fix is supposed to be in 11.

Level 7

This is a product idea because only Firefox is officially supported browser for Integrity. When tested on Firefox the fonts of the characters are coming through but not for IE or Chrome

We are using Integrity 10.8

Level 10

I came across this response, in this thread, and thought I should clarify, and also ask;

Integrity is officially supported in both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Not Chrome though - currently.

It sounds like you were hitting a particular issue, that perhaps, is a defect observed in those browsers - but the intent is that Integrity is supported in both Internet Explorer and Firefox web browsers.

ex. Here is the latest (at this time), Integrity supported platforms information:

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/171619/en/IntegrityLM_11_Supported_Platforms.pdf

Level 7

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the information but unfortunately when I reached out to PTC Tech Support on issue with character set while using Internet Explorer, they directed me to post a product idea for Internet Explorer & Chrome and indicated that Firefox is the only supported browser for Integrity.

Level 10

If that is what was said, that is not true.  Sounds like some miscommunication.  The link I posted above, is our official "supported platforms" page, and both IE and Firefox are supported browsers, for our Web UI.  It sounds like you were hitting a particular defect?  If anyone wants to "private message" me a case #, or defect #, I can try and look it up for clarification.  But to re-iterate, both IE and Firefox are supported browsers for Integrity.

Level 8

Hi Sudhakar,

Looking a the response from Michael I think it is clear that this is not a Product Idea and a defect that needs to be managed thru support.

Thanks

Kartik Oak

Level 8

I would like to see Integrity add support for Chrome

Level 8

No doubt, Google Chrome is one of the secure, best and fast modern browser available for the internet with modern guidelines. It comes with lots of useful features like you can synchronize bookmarks across all your device, auto-fill the forms and much more.Top 5 Best Browsers For Windows 10

Google chrome has matured into an outstanding browser with its minimal interface, uncluttered design, limitless features, supporting thousands of plug-ins, tens of thousands of apps available and multiple controlling options and not to forget the fastest internet browsing with potent rendering as well as its excellent security features with incognito mode; it’s being loved by everyone who is using internet. It surely has set the standard for other browsers in competition.The 5 Best Web Browsers for Windows and Mac

Google as a company is making a lot of improvements in order to provide a better future for its users, security-wise. A viable example of this is the fact that now Gmail blocks .JS attachments and several other ones. Those attachments allow for numerous exploits on a computer system and the decision from the company is certainly puts things in the right perspective in terms of security.

Considering that Google always keeps their products secure and up to date and has enough capital to do so, it is not surprising that Google Chrome has the largest market share out of all other browsers both in the US and on a global scale. Chrome takes 58.53% of the World’s market share and. The sandboxing functions and privilege restrictions, among its fast 15-day update period all contribute to a great foundation for security. With a few minor tweaks to the privacy settings and the diversity of add-ons you can further increase the security level of the browser.

Level 8

Google chrome is one of the good and secured browser. Recently Integrity Weblinks also could not be opened by Google Chrome, which is the worst part. Even startup companies providing support to widely used browsers, why not PTC Integrity shall provide? This should be one of the must have feature from PTC Web Interface.

Level 8

I would like to see Integrity add support for Chrome.

I'm votting this idea for this reason, add support for Chrome.

Regards.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged