cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

About Test Case in Test Result Editor Window

kjain-2
15-Moonstone

About Test Case in Test Result Editor Window

Hi everyone,

When we execute out test session then we set verdict in respect of every test case and if more then one test case fails then our test session if failed then we again create Test Session for the same Test Objective again but i want to accomplish some scenarios if can be possible or there is any workaround:-

1.) Suppose we have total of 10 Test Case and assume in first Test Session 3 get fail and 7 gets passed then in 2nd test session only those 3 test case comes automatically.

2.) If Test case T1 is related with T2 and T3 then if we select T1 test case then both of related test case also get selected automatically.

Any quick response might be helpful. I look forward to hear from you all...

Regards,

Kapil 

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Kapil.

both can be achieved by Integrity Triggers.

We implemented the first quesion you have asked in my last project, and the seond point we already discussed.

Both are very common requirements.

The event is a flag that you have on test session, and when this will be set to "Yes" the Trigger starts.

The trigger then analyses the test results and creates a new session according to your defined business rule.

Unfortunately, I cant share the trigger with you because this was created by a 3rd party and developed for the customer directly.

Hope, still it helps.

Volker

Hi Volker,

Yes i understand Volker you can't share...

Btw Congrats for creating such a fruitful trigger...

Thanks Volker.

Kapil

Top Tags