cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

10.7 Client UI Performance with Intel HD Graphics

nborrerojr.
7-Bedrock

10.7 Client UI Performance with Intel HD Graphics

On computers that do not have a discreet graphics card, the client UI lags quite a bit. Is there a known fix for this?  These computers have Intel HD Graphics. I have seen this on a Dell laptop running Windows 7 and a Dell tablet running Windows 8.1.

Maximum Heap Size is set to 1024 MB.

Popup Status Delay has been set to different values between 0 and 2500 (default).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It looks like changing the power scheme from Balanced to High Performance may have fixed it. I'm going to have a few people mess with it and see how it looks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

What kinds of operations are slow, or is it everything in general (eg. selecting a drop-down menu, waiting for a dialog to pop-up, etc)?

If it is a rendering-related problem you can try a few things:

1. Set the Windows Theme to Windows 7 Basic or Windows Classic.
  2. You can try changing the Integrity Client look and feel to something other than "System".
  3. Try the steps recommended in the client rendering issues article.

Individual drivers generally aren't a problem with Integrity but if those suggestions above don't work, open a case for us to take a closer look.

It looks like changing the power scheme from Balanced to High Performance may have fixed it. I'm going to have a few people mess with it and see how it looks.

Ah yes, especially if the machine is a laptop. The power settings can really throttle down the CPU and has been known to introduce performance issues.

I would recommend adding that to the article you referred me to.

Done. Thanks for the reminder about that setting!

Top Tags