cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Access Rights - Permission - Limited Access to project

edegeis
7-Bedrock

Access Rights - Permission - Limited Access to project

Hello everyone,

I meet some difficulties with limited access to project and documents.

In our configuration we define 3 groups with specifics rights :

- Creator for editing and assigned user of document.

- Reviewer for Review Pending phase.

- Signatory for Signature phase.

In each group, there are many users.

Now, I want to create a project visible by only few users. So the logic is different, I don't care of group, I want to allow access to documents of this project to only few users.

But Integrity allows me to limited access only with available groups. So if I want to give access to User A with Creator role, I shall give access to the whole Creator group. So all users of Creator group have access...

How I can use Integrity with real societal concern, confidentiality of project, etc...

That's very important for the future of implementation tool in the society. Without this functionnality that's will be very problematic

Eudes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Neeraj_Jain
6-Contributor
(To:edegeis)

Pl use dynamic groups intsead of Static groups. 

Create 3 dynamic group for

Project Administrator can assign user as per their projects.

Static group does not helps with confidentiality of Project as well. To avoid unauthorized user acces to project, I am auto creating a new static group with every new project and keeping it synchronised with dynamic group members of that project using a trigger.

It's is customization but again you do not have any other option unless PTC comes up with allowing dynamic groups into Project Permission tab.

I have already raised this idea with PTC and also started a topic for community user's acceptance.

You can visit them below if you want to:

Integrity Idea:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Integrity-Ideas/Inclusion-of-IM-Dynamic-Group-functionality-into-IM-Project/idc-p/491929#M1005

Integrity Question:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Integrity-Questions/Inclusion-of-IM-Dynamic-Group-functionality-into-IM-Project/m-p/491923#M5649

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Eudes,

In Integrity, you have 2 different kinds of groups available:

a) static Groups = known as IM Groups, Access Groups

b) dynamic Groups = known as Roles

To grant project access you use static groups (one or multiple), and the users assigned will get access to the individual projects.

The dynamic groups you use to grant individual functional rights, within the projects.

In addition, I am using static groups to handle object access, such for types, queries, reports etc.

The everyone group you should not use.

Hope this helps, Volker

Neeraj_Jain
6-Contributor
(To:edegeis)

Pl use dynamic groups intsead of Static groups. 

Create 3 dynamic group for

Project Administrator can assign user as per their projects.

Static group does not helps with confidentiality of Project as well. To avoid unauthorized user acces to project, I am auto creating a new static group with every new project and keeping it synchronised with dynamic group members of that project using a trigger.

It's is customization but again you do not have any other option unless PTC comes up with allowing dynamic groups into Project Permission tab.

I have already raised this idea with PTC and also started a topic for community user's acceptance.

You can visit them below if you want to:

Integrity Idea:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Integrity-Ideas/Inclusion-of-IM-Dynamic-Group-functionality-into-IM-Project/idc-p/491929#M1005

Integrity Question:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Integrity-Questions/Inclusion-of-IM-Dynamic-Group-functionality-into-IM-Project/m-p/491923#M5649

Hope this helps.

Indeed, we have the same problematic.

We will use the same way.

It will easier if PTC allow to choice Dynamic group into Project Permission tab.

I support your Integrity Idea.

Thanks a lot

Top Tags