When you have to admin and support some hundred installed clients, what would realla help is a way to publish a "complete" default configuration for the client's gui.
Currently there are ways to configure a viewset and all it's option:
- menu content (which command is visible (on Toolbar ) or not )
- view behavior (floating or "inline" position)
- content of context menu's in views
but all these setting do only apply for the viewset's "inline" views.
There should be a admin tool to define the default settings for a floating view, especially things like:
- a default filters e.g. for a history view
- the content of the context menu e.g. in a sandbox view
- the commands available in the menu e.g. in an item detail view
- Custom Buttons. e.g. in the Test Result Editor
here also should be a mechanism, to enforce an update of already deployed defaults (Server overwrites Client).
Matthias Rump PTC do not have any plans to work on this idea in current GUI. As you know, we're currently working on introducing new web UI for Integrity Lifecycle Manager, I'm adding this request to new Web UI project.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.