Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow "- me -" as a valid value in IBPL filter

Allow "- me -" as a valid value in IBPL filter

Currently it's not possible to filter an IBPL based on a user field with the value "me", while filtering with a specific user is possible. If you follow these steps:

1. Create a new field, type user
  2. Assign the field to an already existing element type
  3. Create a new field, type ibpl, support field is the element you used in step 2
  4. add a new filter to the ibpl, fields -> the name of the field you created in step 1 -> value "- me -"
  5. Save the field

Integrity fails with this error message:

"ibpl-Supportfilter must not use the symbolic user "me", because it's evaluated without user context".

This doesn't seem to be a very good restriction, as filtering based on a user field can be essential in some IBPL fields (e.g. if you want to assign a group of users to an element and constrain an IBPL backed by this element, so that only the users assigned to it can use it), and as far as I understand the IBPL field, it's always evaluated dynamically and in a context of a user. So it would be great, if Integrity would support filtering by the symbolic user "me".

2 Comments

I agree that this should be possible, but there are some issues that would prevent this from working in the current version of Integrity. If you filter an IBPL based on the current user, then any other user who tries to edit the item will receive an error message and be forced to change that IBPL value. So I believe this is related to a request which I entered for the option to create constraints without errors. Soft Constraints (non-blocking filters)

Amethyst

Thanks for submitting this idea. We value your feedback. This is a good recommendation and PTC Integrity R&D will consider implementing it for future release of Integrity.