cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Are CLI commands taking into account the code page that is set?

amatei
12-Amethyst

Are CLI commands taking into account the code page that is set?

Hi

We are using PTC Integrity 10.6 0.7337, API 4.14.7337

I am using batch files to send CLI commands.

I have two computers to test. An English Windows 7 machine and a German Windows 7 machine.

In my tests regional characters are not handled correctly by the CLI command, although I set the code page in the batch file.

I am asking whether are CLI commands considering the default code page specified in the batch file?

1) Create a batch file, saved as an ANSI bat file, like this (simplified command syntax, not all arguments are provided for simplicity)

chcp 1252

si rlog --project=#t:/mks/Test1/GermanProjectNameäöüß

When I run it, I get the error

*** MKS125443: The subproject GermanProjectName��?�/project.pj does not exist (anymore).

2) Create another batch file, this time saved as an UTF-8 bat file (simplified command syntax, not all arguments are provided for simplicity)

chcp 65001

si rlog --project=#t:/mks/Test1/SomeProject  äöüß.txt

When I run it, I get the error

The file ��?�.txt is not a current or destined or pending member or a subproject of t:/mks/Test1/SomeProject/project.pj

So, the regional characters are not interpreted correctly by the CLI Command

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Code page 1252 is the default for Windows and does not recognize the regional characters. Have you tried code pages 850 or 1250?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Code page 1252 is the default for Windows and does not recognize the regional characters. Have you tried code pages 850 or 1250?

amatei
12-Amethyst
(To:JoeBartlett)

Two conditions must be met

1. Make sure the batch file is saved as OEM (see screen capture attached). This is very important!

2. Make sure the code page set in the batch file matches that of the  characters being used for project and member names

For German letters it is 850 so using chcp 850 works now fine.

Top Tags