cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Are constraints which are based on FVA values computed correctly when creating a related item?

bcollins-2
6-Contributor

Are constraints which are based on FVA values computed correctly when creating a related item?

We are getting a constraint related error when trying to create a related item through a trigger. The trigger completes correctly but the changes are ultimately rolled back due to a constraint error preventing a certain value (a copied field). The value on the new item has a constraint based on an FVA which points back to the first item through the relationship which was just created. The only explanation I see so far is that the constraint is not correctly reading this FVA's new value. So I just want to ask if anyone can confirm whether constraints act strangely when interacting with FVA's and there's nothing to do about that.

1 REPLY 1

Hello Brian,

What I know is that functions are not calculated when you create an item, only when you save it. Therefore, the FVA value might be null as long as you havent saved.

But, when you save it your constraint shall react.

The question is now: which is the first, the constaint or the FVA calculation?

Actually, I dont know.

According to your description the constraint is the first, then the FVA.

This is - obviously - part of Integrity core.

Does this explain at least?

Volker

Top Tags