cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Can PTC Implementer 2009 run on i5/OS V7R1 ?

bbarber
1-Newbie

Can PTC Implementer 2009 run on i5/OS V7R1 ?

I need to upgrade to i5/OS V7R1 and am in the planning stage.

Currently MKS Implementer 2009 is running on V6R1 on the i5 and I was wanting to leave the Implementer upgrade until after the Operating System upgrade but obviously need to know if Implementer 2009 was supported for V7R1 or if I absolutely need to upgrade Implementer first.

I've spent over an hour trawling through the PTC site to find the answer, with no luck so I hope you guys can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As a common practice, we do not certify older releases with new operating systems. So in April 2010, we would have certified the newer OS with our 2010 release, which came out in July 2010.

In other words, our intention is to always certify any new OS with the release that we are currently working towards.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Release 2009 has not been under support for a few years, therefore it has dropped off our our supported OS lists.

It does not show as supported in the Implementer 2009 Installation and Administration Guide either.

My assumption then would be that 2009 was not certified on V7R1.

Here is a link to our supported versions from the PTC website:

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/142567/en/Implementer_Supported_Versions111.pdf

Thank you for the reply Sharon.

I know that Implementer 2009 stopped support in May 2014, so 'only' a year ago. I'd have thought that it would have been a common question that was asked because MKS Implementer 2009 was shipped in July 2009 and i5/OS V7R1 became available in April 2010, so people would be looking at i5 upgrades ahead of the MKS Implementer 2010 release in the July of 2010.

As a common practice, we do not certify older releases with new operating systems. So in April 2010, we would have certified the newer OS with our 2010 release, which came out in July 2010.

In other words, our intention is to always certify any new OS with the release that we are currently working towards.

Hi Sharon, Okay, I know what you are saying, thank you for the feedback. 🙂

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:bbarber)

Brian Barber‌,

Please don't forget to mark the explanation that helped you out as the Correct Answer, or at least Actions -> Mark as Helpful.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags