cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Command to create and modify a test step

ikeri
1-Newbie

Command to create and modify a test step

Hello,

Is there a command to create and modify a test step in a test case? I can create test case with "im createissue", modify it with the "im editissue" but how to add test step to it?

Thanks in advance Istvan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:ikeri)

To create a new test step, you would also use the "im createissue" command. There is a type for "Test Step". To add a new test step to a test case, you would first need to create it using "im createissue", then add it to the "Test Steps" relationship for your Test Case. For example, if I wanted to add the Test Step with ID 573 to the Test Case with ID 580, the command would be im editissue --addFieldValues="Test Steps"=573 580.

Note that I am using Integrity 10.7. For versions prior to 10.6, the command would be im editissue --addRelationships="Test Steps"=573 580

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DanR.
10-Marble

What about tm createverdict?

awalsh
17-Peridot

To create a new test step, you would also use the "im createissue" command. There is a type for "Test Step". To add a new test step to a test case, you would first need to create it using "im createissue", then add it to the "Test Steps" relationship for your Test Case. For example, if I wanted to add the Test Step with ID 573 to the Test Case with ID 580, the command would be im editissue --addFieldValues="Test Steps"=573 580.

Note that I am using Integrity 10.7. For versions prior to 10.6, the command would be im editissue --addRelationships="Test Steps"=573 580

ikeri
1-Newbie

Thank you Ann. That really works. (im createissue --type="Test Step" )

I only have to find out how to get the ID of the newly created test step, but that's another story.

Top Tags