cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Constrain Category by Project with addtional rule-constraint > "new item" line shows full list

nxpet
12-Amethyst

Constrain Category by Project with addtional rule-constraint > "new item" line shows full list

The field Category is already constrained for each type, e.g. for "Customer Input":

Constrain_Category_FieldRelationship.png

Now I want to further contrain the category by Project using a rule relationsship, e.g.:

Constrain_Category_RuleRelationship_Project.png

Now I assume, that when I have a Customer Input Document in the Recycle Bin project I can only see three categories (Capability, Comment, Heading), while in all other projects I see the full list. BUT: when I open a Customer Input Document in Recycle Bin I can still see the full list for the "New" item row:

Category_List_NewItem.png

Anyway the constrain works when saving, that means I get an error when I choose for example the "Critical Success Factor" from the list.

When I edit an existing item the pick list is shown as expected:

Category_List_ExistingItem.png

The reason must be, that the new item will be assigned to the project only when saving this item. Before it doesn't have a project. Anyway, is there any possiblity to hide the categories that are not allowed in this document?

Thanks, Timo

1 REPLY 1
JoeBartlett
21-Topaz I
(To:nxpet)

You are correct in saying that the constraint will not apply to the Virtual Row fields because there are not yet any committed values in the database to check against. There are some submitted PTC Integrity Product Ideas which may match your request:

Integrity Object Constraint

Soft Constraints (non-blocking filters)

Please review the ideas, add your comments, and vote for the one(s) you feel meet your needs.

Top Tags