cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creating content using CLI in batch mode

mristovic
1-Newbie

Creating content using CLI in batch mode

Is there an option to create content using -F?

I have a command line app that utilizes Integrity CLI and in some cases i uses -F option to get details of number of issues in one call. This saves the time as calling viewissue for each individual issue id takes very long time.

Is there a similar option to be used with createcontent where i can list all the issues to be created in one file and then only pass in the file name?

Thanks,

Michko

2 REPLIES 2

Micho,

If you are looking for a way to automate creating issues, I don't think you can do that 'inside' the CLI so to speak, as the create issue command only creates one at a time.

Generally when customers are looking to do something like this we recommend they write a script to handle the the process of creating multiple issues at once. Both the im createissue and im createcontent commands support the -F tag, which should make actually populating the items easy once they have been created.

Thanks for your response Jeremy.

Let me clarify what i'm trying to do. I have number of exported items from one suite in Excel format and i have written the script to import the tests/steps in the new suite. Everything works fine and the only issue i have is that it takes a long time to complete import. The export contains few thousands of tests which means i need to make a separate CLI call "im createcontent ..." for each test. What i was hoping to do is store all the parameters of each test in the text file and then feed that text file wiht -F to createcontent call. That way i'd call createcontent only once rather than few thousand times.

Thanks again,

Michko

Top Tags