cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creating projects/documents without configuration management license

sschön
1-Newbie

Creating projects/documents without configuration management license

I am currently trying to get started with ptc integrity for requirements management. However, I am stuck at the beginning, due to the fact that I seem to be unable to create any project or document without having a configuration management license. The company I work for did not deem this license necessary. Nobody in the company is using ptc integrity so far, so finding some help is difficult. Is it actually possible to create documents or projects without this license?

The exact error:

MKS124789: You require an Integrity Client license with configuration management capabilities.

I appreciate any help.

2 REPLIES 2

According to the Integrity license model you need at least one Client license to operate with Integrity Projects and or Workflow&Documents module.

I am just wondering why you write "configuration management", because this is our source part and should not be required when you want to create a document.

Also, when you talk about projects, I assume you mean Workflow&Document projects, again, the error message is missleading here.

The server itself refers to a license tool (Flexnet) and this Flexnet controls the provided server and client licenses (for Source and W&D).  An administrator can tell you how many are installed and/or how many are still free.

Learning Integrity without any colleagues help or training upfront might be difficult.    

I would suggest the following:

- talk to your administrator to check with him about the licenses available

- if further help is needed, you can always talk to your PTC Professional Service contact to get help when staring with Integrity

I was able to fix the issue, it was related to a wrong configurated server.

Thanks for the help. Guess the topic can be closed now.

Top Tags