cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Custom keywords

akuruvila
1-Newbie

Custom keywords

Hi Team,

Can I use scripts to update custom keyword values or is there any way to add member property value (like member change package ID, working archive etc) as keywords.

Is there any document for creating Custom keywords ?

Regards,

Arun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Arun,

Regarding your question about creating custom keywords, one can create custom static keywords, in the admin client, under your policies. 

But to speak to your wider question, around scripting that creation, it's not something that is supported, as far as I know.  And if you're scripting this, I'm guessing you want these to be dynamic, and not static - I don't believe this is possible.

I know this idea has come up with some of our PTC "solutions/services" folks in the past.  My understanding, is that a lot of limitations or roadblocks prevent this.  Past conversations about this, seemed to focus on investigating a client-side trigger, for safety/logistics purposes, and having to rely on member check-ins, to do this.  But to what success, I'm not sure?

If that is something your organization is interested in, you might want to reach out to your PTC Integrity account manager, to engage PTC services.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Arun,

to my knowledge this is not yet supported.

The idea to perform this change with a pre-trigger has also come into my mind, but I have never implemented it. So I cant say if its possible or not.

The right approach would be to create a Support Case and ask for a solution.

Volker

Hi Arun,

Regarding your question about creating custom keywords, one can create custom static keywords, in the admin client, under your policies. 

But to speak to your wider question, around scripting that creation, it's not something that is supported, as far as I know.  And if you're scripting this, I'm guessing you want these to be dynamic, and not static - I don't believe this is possible.

I know this idea has come up with some of our PTC "solutions/services" folks in the past.  My understanding, is that a lot of limitations or roadblocks prevent this.  Past conversations about this, seemed to focus on investigating a client-side trigger, for safety/logistics purposes, and having to rely on member check-ins, to do this.  But to what success, I'm not sure?

If that is something your organization is interested in, you might want to reach out to your PTC Integrity account manager, to engage PTC services.

Top Tags