cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Does Integrity support Simplified Chinese ? I can not ask all my customer to read in English.

sqin
1-Newbie

Does Integrity support Simplified Chinese ? I can not ask all my customer to read in English.

About the HMI, English is totally acceptable.

However, we have no idea if Integrity is ok with simplified chinese key-in, and display correctly with request font.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:sqin)

Hello Sam Qin‌,

Assuming your operating system is set up to render simplified chinese input, it should work.  We've had customers using English Integrity installations with Chinese input for several years.

To give you some more background:  Integrity LM does support Simplified Chinese, at least as of release 10.6.  By that I mean the installation is done in Simplified Chinese, and the interface is localized to Simplified Chinese (assuming the client was also installed with Simplified Chinese).  You can't convert locales on an existing installation.

There is also an existing feature request to support multiple languages on the same server at the same time.  If you're interested in that feature, please contact PTC Integrity Lifecycle Management Support to have your organization associated with that feature request.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Sam Qin‌,

Assuming your operating system is set up to render simplified chinese input, it should work.  We've had customers using English Integrity installations with Chinese input for several years.

To give you some more background:  Integrity LM does support Simplified Chinese, at least as of release 10.6.  By that I mean the installation is done in Simplified Chinese, and the interface is localized to Simplified Chinese (assuming the client was also installed with Simplified Chinese).  You can't convert locales on an existing installation.

There is also an existing feature request to support multiple languages on the same server at the same time.  If you're interested in that feature, please contact PTC Integrity Lifecycle Management Support to have your organization associated with that feature request.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:KaelLizak)

Hello Sam Qin‌‌,

Didthat information answer your question?  If so, could you mark the thread as Correct Answer?  If not, but it was helpful, you could also mark it as such by going to Actions --> Mark As Helpful in the post.  That lets others with similar questions know what you found useful.

If you'd still like something clarified, please let us know by responding here!

Thanks,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

sqin
1-Newbie
(To:KaelLizak)

Hello Kael Lizak

Thanks alot for your information sharing!

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

You're welcome Sam Qin‌!  Thanks for letting us know what resolved your issue!

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Top Tags