cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Easy to use import/export from Excel for requirements???

challer
1-Newbie

Easy to use import/export from Excel for requirements???

I asked this question last year but am hoping that I might get a better answer this year. We are using PTC and a project management software package for Agile software development. We are really much closer to a Displined Agile Delivery style where we do have some requirements stated upfront and provide more detail as we progress in the project. The software development team really likes their Agile PM software and use it to split requirements and provide more granularity as we move through the project. Our test group really likes to use PTC for locking down the requirements and tracking bugs once requirements and features have become finalized. It would seem to me that we should be able to find a middle ground where we can import and export requirements (user stories) as the software development team does backlog grooming and iteration planning into PTC where our test group can track bugs and also keep the latest version of requirements. Is there any way to transfer back and forth without writing a significant block of XML code and use a very complex import/output tool?

The PM software tool has a very simple Excel import/export tool and is very friendly to this concept? Is the latest version of PTC any better (we are using Version 10)?

3 REPLIES 3
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:challer)

For reference, I believe this was Chris Haller‌'s previous post:  Re: Importing requirements from Excel and maintain structure...

-Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Hi Chris,

Did you test the Excel Integration? What do you think about it?

regards, Volker

Hi Volker,

I have attempted to read the document on Excel Integration and I am locked out of being able to read the document. This might be very helpful and in fact answer some of my questions but I can't read anything about it - my admin says we do have some level of support - what do I need to be able to move and potentially implement...

Top Tags