cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Empty group after migration

Omnia1990
5-Regular Member

Empty group after migration

I have faced a strange issue.
I'm trying to migrate a Group from Workflow and Document between staging and production server with users inside and after migration wizard has done its work Group remains empty.
Is there any possibility to make it done without unlocking production server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:Omnia1990)

What kind of group are you trying to migrate?  A Dynamic Group or a static Group?

For static Groups, the group membership is not stored in Workflows and Documents, but in the realm - MKS Domain or LDAP.   Because of this, you cannot migrate the group membership using Admin Staging.

MKS Domain users and groups can be edited on your Production server when it is locked. 

For a Dynamic Group, these should be migrated correctly. Group membership is by project, so make sure that the projects are also migrated with the dynamic group.  If you are still getting the empty group, I suggest opening a new case with PTC Support to investigate. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:Omnia1990)

What kind of group are you trying to migrate?  A Dynamic Group or a static Group?

For static Groups, the group membership is not stored in Workflows and Documents, but in the realm - MKS Domain or LDAP.   Because of this, you cannot migrate the group membership using Admin Staging.

MKS Domain users and groups can be edited on your Production server when it is locked. 

For a Dynamic Group, these should be migrated correctly. Group membership is by project, so make sure that the projects are also migrated with the dynamic group.  If you are still getting the empty group, I suggest opening a new case with PTC Support to investigate. 

Omnia1990
5-Regular Member
(To:awalsh)

Thank you for the answer.

Top Tags