cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Exporting Relationships to Word

brauckmt
4-Participant

Exporting Relationships to Word

Hello PTC community, 

i'm looking for help on exporting the IDs of related Items to a MS Word document. But i have little experience with XML-files and so forth. I included a couple of screenshots of my first try to implement the export (The Red Arrow shows where the related IDs should go inthe template, only for context). Is what i'm trying to do actually possible? 

Thanks

Kind Regards 

Julian Seubert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Julian,

the IDs from related items is what you get when you export the field which holds them.

For example, from Req to Test, you have a verified by relationship.

To get the test case ids, you just have to select the verified-by field as an output column in your word export, like any other column, such as text, category, id.

hope this helps.

Volker

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Julian,

the IDs from related items is what you get when you export the field which holds them.

For example, from Req to Test, you have a verified by relationship.

To get the test case ids, you just have to select the verified-by field as an output column in your word export, like any other column, such as text, category, id.

hope this helps.

Volker

Hi @VolkerEckardt,

Completely agree with your point.

But rather then ID if we need to extract other details like Text or Category or state etc. Is there any way out ?

I Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Volker.

Kapil

Hi Kapil,

Out-of-the-box, you cannot get the other data for the relationships, in the manner you are describing, when exporting to Word...

...but, I believe our Services folks have done some custom things, to help customers get this. 

@veckardt may know more about this.

Top Tags