cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Exporting document from Integrity using Integrity Gateway Export doesn't work as expected

Shilpa_Dubey
12-Amethyst

Exporting document from Integrity using Integrity Gateway Export doesn't work as expected

Hi All,

After I export a document from Integrity using Integrity Gateway Export Wizard, the behavior of exported document doesn’t seem consistent. There are few instances where I have encountered error message and export file doesn’t work anymore after the error message, even after I undo the changes it doesn’t work:

1. In exported word file, many empty lines in between heading and comment appear.
  2. If an import document I change the CAPS setting of Heading 1 (removal of the “All caps” setting) export functionality doesn’t work anymore.
  3. A simple change to Heading 1 like changing the font size from 14 to 12 gives an error.
  4. I want to add two headings before table of contents (TOC) if I do so even then I get an error. So I tried placing my two headings after table of contents (TOC) I got the same error.
  5. Our requirement is company logo to be displayed at end of the last page in the exported document. But when I try to put the logo at end of document it gives me an error message (it use to work fine previously but any small changes in document make everything stop and I get an error message).

Any small changes in import file stop the export functionality and I get ‘MKS Gateway’ with an error message (as attached) 

If any of community member has faced anything similar to this could you please share your experience how did you make it work? 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shilpa

1 REPLY 1
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:Shilpa_Dubey)

Hello @Shilpa_Dubey,

I haven't seen that error message before.  The '"</w:body>" tag is missing' is a bad sign, though.  The <w:*> tags are Word XML tags, and I believe the <w:body> tag is required, and would need a closing </w:body> tag which seems to be missing.

Two things I'd check:

1. Which version of MS Word are you using?  
  2. Which version of PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager are you using?

I'd use that information to check the versions of MS Word supported with your release.  For instance, all Integrity Lifecycle Manager 10.x releases support MS Word 2007, 2010, and 2013.  The links to all supported integrations are here.

If that all lines up, then I would confirm the export template generated can successfully be opened in MS Word.  If that's not true, then no document generated using that export template could be created either.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "There are few instances where I have encountered error message and export file doesn’t work anymore after the error message, even after I undo the changes it doesn’t work".  Are you making changes to an export template, or to a document within Integrity Lifecycle Manager?  

Kind Regards,

-Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags