cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

FVA - Field Value Attribute

ptc-4830025
1-Newbie

FVA - Field Value Attribute

I am new to this tool and still in the process of configuring fields, types etc. Could someone please explain the significance of 'Field Value Attributes (FVA)'?

When should a field belong to this type? I read the part in the Server Admin guide, but I didn't understand the concept fully.

Thanks,

Snehal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

An FVA field can be thought of as a pointer to the field on a related item. You specify a field which you want to mirror from one type to another and you specify the relationship field to follow. The attached diagram may help visualize the functionality.

FVA.jpg

Now when a user has an item of Type A and Type B and views that Type B item, they will see a field which appears to have the same value as on the related Type A item. When the value of Field 1 on Type A item changes, the value will automatically be reflected on Type B item.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

An FVA field can be thought of as a pointer to the field on a related item. You specify a field which you want to mirror from one type to another and you specify the relationship field to follow. The attached diagram may help visualize the functionality.

FVA.jpg

Now when a user has an item of Type A and Type B and views that Type B item, they will see a field which appears to have the same value as on the related Type A item. When the value of Field 1 on Type A item changes, the value will automatically be reflected on Type B item.

Top Tags