cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Force compute of field on edit

phartwig
12-Amethyst

Force compute of field on edit

Hello,

I have a computed field which is used to control the visibility of a heading on an item.  When I edit the item and select OK, the computed field should be updated and the heading either shown or hidden depending on the change.  However, the computed field is not updated and the heading remains unchanged until the Item is refreshed. The computed field is defined as a Dynamic that is Never stored to History.  I tried using the computeHistoryNow(fieldname) in the trigger, but that had no impact.

Does anyone have a suggestion to try? 

Thank you,

Paul Hartwig

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Paul,

Sounds like a known defect;

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS221142&lang=en_US

It works without any relevance rule on the field, but the relevance rule seems to affect it, even though it should not.

I'm not aware of a work-around.  You should open a Support case to make sure you're associated with the defect (and they can confirm if there is any workaround - but I don't suspect there is).

Actually, I think you have a Support case open for this, it sounds like.  I've let your case owner (support rep) know about this.

Hi Paul,

have you tried setting the computation  to "static delta".

Using this setting the field should be computed each time the item is edited.

Markus

Top Tags