cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Gateway Export (to Word) works fine, but can't retrieve text field on trace Requirement item

BaluS
7-Bedrock

Gateway Export (to Word) works fine, but can't retrieve text field on trace Requirement item

The Gateway Export (to Word) of a Test Protocol document with traced Requirement(s) for each of the Test Cases, through the "Verifes" trace relationship, works fine. It displays the Requirement item numbers, but when I attempt to retrieve a text field (DOORSID; set when imported from DOORS), I am unable to do so.

a) If I add "include-related="true"" for the "Verifies" field, will I be able to retrieve it?
b) Can I use XPath (XML Path) to retrieve the DOORSID?
c) Is there a way to view the "intermediary" XML file before Export to Word, to help troubleshoot the issue?

Balu

3 REPLIES 3

Balu,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to refer to data of related items. Please vote for my idea and read explanation as well as further details through referenced articles. You will also find information about provided solution by PTC services.

Regarding your questions:

a) If I add "include-related="true"" for the "Verifies" field, will I be able to retrieve it?

No, it is not possible, it will only recursively retrieve data of linked objects, but Gateway will never export anything of it ("Flattening tree structure..."). PTC Support told me that attribute "include-related" was introduced for some other integration - their answer has not been more specific.

b) Can I use XPath (XML Path) to retrieve the DOORSID?

I don't think that it is possible though I have not tried. I would be really interested in such a solution.

c) Is there a way to view the "intermediary" XML file before Export to Word, to help troubleshoot the issue?

This would be great, however, I don't think that it is stored somewhere, I think it only exists in memory. One possible solution would be to attach a Java remote debugger to Gateway, though this is rather unpromising without source code.

Best regards, Richard.

Thank you, Richard. I did try the XPath, but only field names and counts worked. Nothing was returned when I tried to get field values on the trace item.

Yes, it is possible to spool out the interim data which is in Memory as an XML file.

My own Custom Gateway / Custom Export allows exactly this.

Please send me a private message with your e-Mail address to get the needed code.

Volker

Top Tags