cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Has anyone successfully run Integrity PC Client in a Citrix environment

thussong
3-Visitor

Has anyone successfully run Integrity PC Client in a Citrix environment

Has anyone successfully run Integrity PC Client in a Citrix or other VM environments?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Todd,

Running Integrity on Citrix is not supported but some customers have gotten it to work with a couple tweaks. See Article 84832 for details on a workaround you can try.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi Todd,

Running Integrity on Citrix is not supported but some customers have gotten it to work with a couple tweaks. See Article 84832 for details on a workaround you can try.

Hello Joe,

What about VDI? Like if a user uses Horizon view client to connect to a Windows 7 VDI. Is it a supported configuration?

Thank you,

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Good question, since I am not familiar with VDI. I am confident that it is not officially supported because it has not been tested with Integrity, however, if it functions the same as any other VMWare environment it should work. If it is allowing multiple users to access the same binaries under different user accounts, that is a situation where the workaround in Article 84832 should be used.

Thank you.

It works similar to VM Environment. Each VM will be selfcontained images and will not be sharing any binaries. So I would assume Integrity client doe not care about underlying technology as long as the Operating System layers provides all the resources similar to a physical computer.

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:BineshKumar1)

Hello Binesh Kumar‌,

It sounds like you intend to try this.  Could you let us know how that goes?

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Sure, One challenge will be using embedded software clients that accesses PCI ports for simulation, the embedded client will be running on VDI and addressing ports in local. It is not an issue with Integrity Client, but for the embedded simulation clients

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Hi Todd

Did you get this to work in a Citrix Env at all ?

Not sure if this is helpful or not for what you are looking to do, but you can run it inside of Sandboxie. I use that to use the 10.5 and 10.7 clients from the same computer.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:nborrerojr.)

Off topic:  Thanks for the Sandboxie reference.  I hadn't heard of it until this post, but it looks like it could be useful.

-Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags