cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Hiding admin provided queries

sdeshpande
1-Newbie

Hiding admin provided queries

This is going to sound like a really dumb question but...

Is there any way to 'hide' admin provided queries?

Why would I want to do this? Because there is a plethora of queries that are irrelevant to almost all users within our firm but they are already set as admin provided during initial set up.

Deleting them is not an option because most have relevant objects referencing them, but the queries themselves are completely useless to most users and there are at least 60 of them.

It makes the query process very unintuitive for users that do not know exactly what they're looking for and have to scroll through 50+ queries to find one that may matter.

Is there any possible work-around for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:mdamm)

Hello Maxim,

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately, in the case of Admin provided objects, Sourabh is correct:  they are visible to all users.  That is, in fact, the desire of admin created objects.

Hello Sourabh,

I think the most useful functionality here would be for your users to select the functions that they use regularly, and set them as favorite queries.  This can usually be done by right-clicking on the query in the Manage Queries view and selecting Add Query to Favorites, or from an actual query context, by going to menu --> Query --> Add to Favorites.

The manage queries view can be modified to show favourites by adding my favorites from the that are filter selector:

2015-09-28 20_02_36-Integrity User 10 ViewSet - Integrity 10.png

Does anyone have other suggestions for how Sourabh can set filtering for his users?

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

have you already tried the "Sharing"-Function (Admin-Client -> Queries -> Workflow & Documents -> RightClick -> Sharing) setting only to Admins or something similiar small?

Regards,

Max

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:mdamm)

Hello Maxim,

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately, in the case of Admin provided objects, Sourabh is correct:  they are visible to all users.  That is, in fact, the desire of admin created objects.

Hello Sourabh,

I think the most useful functionality here would be for your users to select the functions that they use regularly, and set them as favorite queries.  This can usually be done by right-clicking on the query in the Manage Queries view and selecting Add Query to Favorites, or from an actual query context, by going to menu --> Query --> Add to Favorites.

The manage queries view can be modified to show favourites by adding my favorites from the that are filter selector:

2015-09-28 20_02_36-Integrity User 10 ViewSet - Integrity 10.png

Does anyone have other suggestions for how Sourabh can set filtering for his users?

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Thanks Kael, appreciate the help.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:sdeshpande)

By the way, Sourabh Deshpande‌, that wasn't a dumb question.  It gets asked pretty often.

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Top Tags