cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How can I share a project by inputing 'label' ?

아한
6-Contributor

How can I share a project by inputing 'label' ?

I do test using command line Interface.

si sharesubproject --hostname=%HOSTNAME% --port=%PORT% --user=%USER% --password=%PASSWORD% --cpid=%CP_ID% --project=/Target_project/project.pj --sharedProject=/Source_Sharedproject/project.pj --subprojectRevision=1.25 --type=build /Target_project/Source_Sharedproject/project.pj

"Source_Sharedproject" project is managing configuration through 'label'. (for example, 1.25 = ABC_function_bugfix-1.2.1)

So, my co-work and I want to use this CLI by using options label= 'ABC_function_bugfix-1.2.1' but I could not find those option in a help document.

Doesn't CLI 'si sharesubproject'  have a option for labels indeed?

3 REPLIES 3
kthierer
11-Garnet
(To:아한)

Just an idea

si viewprojecthistory --project=/Source_Sharedproject/project.pj --rfilter=labeled:ABC_function_bugfix-1.2.1 --fields=revision,labels > tmpPjHistorySearch.txt

si projectinfo --project=/Source_Sharedproject/project.pj --projectRevision=ABC_function_bugfix-1.2.1 > tmpPjInfo.txt

Parse tmpPjHistorySearch.txt  or tmpPjInfo.txt for the found project revision and build your 'si sharesubproject' command.

아한
6-Contributor
(To:kthierer)

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I develop CLI using batch. So do you know how can I get revision from tmpPjHistorySearch.txt?

I try your ideal and I don't have ideal how I can get 1.25 from this printed form. ㅠㅠ

/Source_Sharedproject/project.pj

1.25 ABC_function_bugfix-1.2.1

kthierer
11-Garnet
(To:아한)

For me (using Intergity 10.4) I discovered something that is not documented directly in the reference for 'si sharesubproject':

--subprojectRevision can point to a label

Maybe there is a hint for this somewhere else in the reference guide.

si sharesubproject --hostname=%HOSTNAME% --port=%PORT% --user=%USER% --password=%PASSWORD% --cpid=%CP_ID% --project=/Target_project/project.pj --sharedProject=/Source_Sharedproject/project.pj --subprojectRevision=ABC_function_bugfix-1.2.1 --type=build /Target_project/Source_Sharedproject/project.pj

The internal logic for for this must be something like:

If subprojectRevision does not resemble a project revision number then it is a label and the command shall search the revision number by label.

Of course if you move that label you should not expect that your existing shares will follow

You would have to use "si configuresubproject" for that.

Regards Jürgen

Top Tags