cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How do make a user a workflow administrator or the right to create templates?

edegeis
7-Bedrock

How do make a user a workflow administrator or the right to create templates?

Hello PTC community!

Here my problem:

Context : We use a field to limit edition on document in Signature phase. This field allows modification on the properties of the document and in the content of the document only with a change order.

In this field we use a Computation Definition :

(State=Unspecified) or (State!="Signature") or ("Valid Change Order") 

Purpose : give right modification to Administrator group or administrator user in signature phase, despite this field.

Why : a user left the projet or the society while his document was in Signature phase... And impossible to change the assigned user field. My solution for the moment is to returning the document in previous phase with administration rights, change the assigned User and to launch again the signature. And I lost all the signature of my signatories... unhappy users...

How modifying computation Definition in order to allow administrator to edit document?

Thanks a lot for your reply !

Eudes

4 REPLIES 4
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:edegeis)

Can you give more information about how the computation definition is used to limit the modification?  Is this a computed logical field? Do you check the field value in Item or field editability?

If you have editability defined, then you can add a condition to check the group membership of the user performing the action.

edegeis
7-Bedrock
(To:awalsh)

Hello Awalsh,

unfortunately it's a logical field and not a FVA. So we haven't "Editability" tab on the control field.

The control field display a "false" if (State=Unspecified) or (State!="Signature") or ("Valid Change Order") .

So as my document is in signature, the control field display a "false" and I have an error message each time Administrator wants to change the "Assigned User" of my document.

So I don't know where I can add the condition to check the group membership of the user performing the action.

Thanks for your help!

Eudes

awalsh
17-Peridot

When the administrator attempts to change the Assigned User, how are you checking for the "false" in the control field?  Can you add an additional check at that point?

kjain-2
15-Moonstone

Hi @edegeis,

Can you add some more details with the help of screenshots of your current configuration ow i am not able to undertsnad your exact requirement.

Regards,

Kapil

Top Tags