cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How do we integrate MS Excel with PTC Integrity from beginning?

Chittaranjan
5-Regular Member

How do we integrate MS Excel with PTC Integrity from beginning?

I am trying to make integration of MS Excel with the PTC Integrity.

I followed the steps given in the readme file (ExceIntegrationUtility/MED-60962-CD-112_F000_Integrity-11-2-Microsoft-Excel-Integration/readme_1st.htm#install_instructions) in the installable folder.

The functionality is not working. 

Do we have documents for proper integration?

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Chittaranjan,

In what way is the Excel integration not working for you?  Are you getting an error message?  Are you not seeing the integration add-on listed in Excel?  Some more details about what you're seeing (or not seeing) would be more helpful.

Here's the Excel integration guide, that you will want to refer to:

https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/168316/en/IntegrationsUserGuide_Integrity_10_8.pdf

(note, that one is from 10.8 - I'm not sure why it's not included in the newer downloads, but the integration hasn't changed in awhile, so that may have to do with it - you can open a Support case with the Integrity LM support team, to find out more info, and why.)

Also found this knowledge article, which seems to point to the guide not being easily found, because it hasn't changed recently?  But I would still expect it to be included in the integration download, instead of customers having to go look for it? 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS264486

Chittaranjan
5-Regular Member
(To:MichaelChatel)

Thank you so much Michael for the help, I am trying to configure this integration from the beginning. Will reach to you for the update.

Hi Chittaranjan,

I'm not on the Integrity/ALM team anymore, but if you need more assistance with this that doesn't come via this Community thread, I'd suggest opening a Support case with the Integrity/ALM team.  (I've been out of the loop for a bit, for Integrity/ALM stuff now).

Chittaranjan
5-Regular Member
(To:MichaelChatel)

Sure, I will connect with the support case

How to save PTC Integrity Document/Item types to .RIF file

Hey Chittaranjan,

I'd suggest opening a Support case, to get this info, and to clarify your requirements, but I'm suspecting you'd probably want to look at the PTC Integrity Requirements Connector product, as it allows you to import/export documents, in .REQIF/RIF format, for exchange with other vendors.  It supports IntegrityLM and DOORs.  

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/C24B44D7820B41D7B20C269CDE9DA90B.pdf?sc_lang=en

example:

Export from DOORS to REQIF, and import said REQIF to IntegrityLM.

Export from IntegrityLM to REQIF, and import that data back into DOORS.

I can't recall, but IntegrityLM may have also had a simplistic export to RIF function at one time (perhaps using Gateway, or RIF exporter), but I'm not sure that's even available or around anymore.  I could be wrong, since I haven't been on the ALM team in awhile.

Most likely, IRC is what you want.

Top Tags