cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How synchronization mechanism works for Project?

srahamedhulla
1-Newbie

How synchronization mechanism works for Project?

Hi,

I wanted to know how synchronization mechanism works on Integrity.

I have created Project(Demo) and then create Sandbox(Report) and the location given is "<Integrity Server>/data/reports on where I have installed Integrity Server.

I have another remote machine and create local sandbox for the above created project. reports content has been downloaded to my remote machine(local sandbox).

If I do checkout and modify the report and check-in back to the sandbox from remote machine, it is getting synchronized on Project(Demo).

If I go to Integrity server machine, it is getting synchronized on Project(Demo) but not on local sandbox as expected. Here I need to do "Resynchronize" option to get it reflected.

But I have seen other environment, if we do checkout and check-in from local sandbox, automatically data has been updated on Integrity server. I don't know how they have implemented it?

Could you please explain how synchronization mechanism works?

Thanks,
Sithik

1 REPLY 1
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:srahamedhulla)

Hello Sithik Rahamedhulla‌,

I'm not sure what you're trying to describe, but I'll do my best to respond:

When you do a check-out, it will place a copy of the member revision (by default, unless you select a different revision) in your sandbox as the working file, and give you a lock on that member's archive.

When you do a check-in of a working file, it updates the working member (by default) on the project to point to the newly checked in revision.

Sandboxes are never automatically updated:  the whole point of a sandbox is that it is a work environment which is updated only as needed.

If you're doing this for a build sandbox, the first step of your script should be to do an si resync from the context of the sandbox to make it reflect the current project configuration.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags