cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to Synchrionize the Sandbox contents to Server

pnone
4-Participant

How to Synchrionize the Sandbox contents to Server

Hello,

In the Sandbox, I am working on a file which is checked-out.

The work will continue for few weeks on the file.

At the end of the work I want to check-in the file.

But during the phase I am working with the file, I want to synchronize the recent contents from Sandbox area to Server Repository in case my PC hard-disk crashes.

I will not loose the contents under that circumstance.

Remember I don't want to create another version of the element by checking-in every day before leaving the office.

Is there any mechanism to Synchronize either an element or the Sandbox contents to the Server repository, so that I always have another copy?

In CM/Synergy, there is a similar feature. That's why I am asking that it might be possible in PTC also as they are both SCM tool.

Thank you.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:pnone)

It is not currently possible to synchronize a file to the server without check in. 

One option would be to use a branch to check in work, then merge to the trunk revision when you are done.  Another option would be to have a sandbox on a network location, so you would not lose data if your PC crashes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:pnone)

It is not currently possible to synchronize a file to the server without check in. 

One option would be to use a branch to check in work, then merge to the trunk revision when you are done.  Another option would be to have a sandbox on a network location, so you would not lose data if your PC crashes.

Top Tags