cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to create a Report that is not Admin Provided in Integrity Administration?(Admin Provided=FALSE)

wcatunda-2
8-Gravel

How to create a Report that is not Admin Provided in Integrity Administration?(Admin Provided=FALSE)

Hello,

How to create a Report that is not Admin Provided (Is Admin Provide = FALSE) in Integrity Administration?

I’m trying to create a Report in Integrity from “Integrity Administration” but the option “Is Admin Provided” is allways disabled and is set as TRUE.

This is important to us because we use Staging Server and we need to create AD HOC Reports on Production server for punctual explorations.

When creating a Report from “Integrity Administration” we have 2 options but in none the option “Is Admin Provided” is enabled or <> TRUE (attached file How to create a Report that is not Admin Provided.pdf).

Thanks for your help,

Walmir Catunda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:wcatunda-2)

You cannot create a non-admin-provided report in the Administration client.

The only way to do that is to use the "normal" client and share it appropriately, which can be done on any server.

Of course, if you do that on your development server, then you cannot push that report to the production server without converting to admin object.

So your use case is valid (I do it all the time), it's just simpler than you think with no extra work needed: Just do your exploration on the production server by creating and testing your reports, queries, etc. there with the client. If not happy, discard them. If you want to use them, turn them to admin by checking the box. When you do your next migration, they are imported back to the Dev server where you continue the normal way.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello Walmir,

why not creating the report as a normal user in the standard client?

Then, the report is not admin-provided and you can create it immediately on your target environment.

Hi Veckardt, thanks for you reply.

In my case, I'm acting as administrator / support for instaled solutions, not as a normal (end) user.

As administrator, in Integrity Administration, I am able to view Types, Fields, Rules, Relationships, etc., while creating / checking the Report, wich is easier to me.

This views are not available at Integrity Client (Standard Client).

In Integrity Client the option to create a Report that is not Admin Provided is just available, so I thought that it was not available because some configuration / property / access, was missing.

Create from Integrity Client can be a workaround, but if it is already available in Integrity Client
why it is not available in Integrity Administration?

Regards.

kjain-2
15-Moonstone

Hi @wcatunda-2,

Can you please elaborate your requirement what exactly the scenario is ?

Regards,

Kapil

Hello @kjain-2,

I'm using "Integrity Administration" client.

We have a generic Recipe wich I can use to make Reports and explore data for user as he request it (not Admin Report).

As we use Staging servers I can not create a Admin Report directly in Production (I have to Promote it to Production).

Once I have the possibility to create a not Admin Report in "Integrity Client" I would like to know how to create a not Admin Report in "Integrity Client".

Regards,

LLawton
14-Alexandrite

You cannot create a non-admin-provided report in the Administration client.

The only way to do that is to use the "normal" client and share it appropriately, which can be done on any server.

Of course, if you do that on your development server, then you cannot push that report to the production server without converting to admin object.

So your use case is valid (I do it all the time), it's just simpler than you think with no extra work needed: Just do your exploration on the production server by creating and testing your reports, queries, etc. there with the client. If not happy, discard them. If you want to use them, turn them to admin by checking the box. When you do your next migration, they are imported back to the Dev server where you continue the normal way.

Hello llawton, thanks for your reply.

I thought that, as it is possible to create in the "Integrity Client" maybe some property / permission / or setting (like "Customize this Menu ...") was missing to use it in "Integrity Administration".

I appreciated that.
Best regards.

Top Tags