cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to filter for members with certain labels

chariuc
6-Contributor

How to filter for members with certain labels

Hello,

The Project Manager did not checkpoint his project but only applied labels to members.

Now, he is trying to retrieve all members which have a certain label.

The Filter feature in Configuration Management, "Members at Label", only applies to whatever exists on the current configuration of the project.

Is there a way to find all members of this project (also the dropped ones) that have a certain label? Maybe a CLI command?

Thank you

cristina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:chariuc)

Hi Christina,

1. if you want to fetch the revisions that own the required label, you need a sandbox, as the project-view can only show you the current member revision by design.

If you create a sandbox of your project and use the check-out command recursively you can define a "filter" which revision is to be checked out ( e.g. "revision with label" or "last revision with state").

to create a checkpoint for this "locally restored configuration" your could use the Snapshot Sandbox command.

1.1 A second option is to create a development path, based on your latest checkpoint and to use the "update member revision" command on this development path. It offers the same "filter" for the revisions to be set, as the checkout command.

2. the initial checkpoint 1.1 is always empty (by design). If your project manager only applied labels in the past and never created a checkpoint, you will have to reconstruct the configuration manually as described above.

Hopefully you have changepackages that might help you in reconstruction.

HTH

Matthias

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mrump
14-Alexandrite

(copied from Client Help)

"Members at Label"

Shows only members that have the specified label assigned at the member revision. If you choose this filter, Integrity prompts you for the target label.

"Members with Label"

Shows the members with the specified label somewhere in their member history. If you choose this filter, Integrity prompts you for the target label.

As far as I know it is not possible to filter for "dropped members with label" , as dropped member are not part of the project configuration the filter is applied on.

You could try to find the Change Packages that contain drop member operations for your project and inspect the history for the found entries.

HTH

chariuc
6-Contributor
(To:mrump)

Actually, the "Members with Label" shows the member with the given label, but not the revision having that label but the member revision.

Meaning that if member a.c got label "x" at revision 1.11, after applying the filtering I will see the member a.c revision 1.13.

What I would like is to see revision 1.11.

But anyway, for me, "Members with Label" filtering does not give any result.

It must be that the filtering is based also on the checkpoint, I guess.

The problem might be that the initial checkpoint of the projects is empty. Then, the Project Manager only applied labels to members without checkpointing the project.

Now, he wants to obtain all revisions of files having a certain label.

Any hints?

cristina

mrump
14-Alexandrite

Hi Christina,

1. if you want to fetch the revisions that own the required label, you need a sandbox, as the project-view can only show you the current member revision by design.

If you create a sandbox of your project and use the check-out command recursively you can define a "filter" which revision is to be checked out ( e.g. "revision with label" or "last revision with state").

to create a checkpoint for this "locally restored configuration" your could use the Snapshot Sandbox command.

1.1 A second option is to create a development path, based on your latest checkpoint and to use the "update member revision" command on this development path. It offers the same "filter" for the revisions to be set, as the checkout command.

2. the initial checkpoint 1.1 is always empty (by design). If your project manager only applied labels in the past and never created a checkpoint, you will have to reconstruct the configuration manually as described above.

Hopefully you have changepackages that might help you in reconstruction.

HTH

Matthias

chariuc
6-Contributor

Hello Matthias,

Thank you for your help.

I did a check-out without lock recursively with the "filter" for the label and solved the problem.

BR

cristina

Top Tags