cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to get Groups which are members of a Parent Group using CLI

pnone
4-Participant

How to get Groups which are members of a Parent Group using CLI

Hello Support,

aa groups --member "GROUP_NAME"

shows all the users within the GROUP_NAME.

How do I see other groups which are also members of GROUP_NAME?

Thank you.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeBartlett
21-Topaz I
(To:pnone)

Hi Pashan,

The aa groups command will expand any sub-groups in the returned output so you will only see a complete list of users. Article CS154741 mentions that you would want to run the command integrity viewmksdomaingroup [group name] against the groups to see the output. Note that this only accepts 1 group name in the command so this would need to be scripted if you want to run it against multiple groups.

Sample output would appear similar to below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Integrity\IntegrityClient10\bin>integrity viewmksdomaingroup Administrators

Name: Administrators

Description:

Group Members:

administrator:User

executive:User

Managers:Group

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JoeBartlett
21-Topaz I
(To:pnone)

Hi Pashan,

The aa groups command will expand any sub-groups in the returned output so you will only see a complete list of users. Article CS154741 mentions that you would want to run the command integrity viewmksdomaingroup [group name] against the groups to see the output. Note that this only accepts 1 group name in the command so this would need to be scripted if you want to run it against multiple groups.

Sample output would appear similar to below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Integrity\IntegrityClient10\bin>integrity viewmksdomaingroup Administrators

Name: Administrators

Description:

Group Members:

administrator:User

executive:User

Managers:Group

Top Tags