cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to query by issue Type using the API

mmains-2
1-Newbie

How to query by issue Type using the API

Hello. I've been working with the API for an integration I am developing. I have read through the Integration Builder's Guide fairly closely. This mostly documents the commands, rather than the available options. I am trying to do a simple im issues command and add an option to specify the type to return like so:

cmd.addOption(new Option("type", typeName));

I found an example in another post on here where the poster was using "type" as an option successfully, but when I attempt this, there is an exception:
com.mks.api.response.InvalidCommandOptionException: im: MKS124819: Invalid option: "type"

Edit: I would be perfectly comfortable with a query that just simply returned all of the Integrity items that I could filter after the fact, depending on their types. The "im issues" command always seems to require an item ID, as I get an error indicating that when I run just "im issues". I just need a command that will return all Integrity items.:

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So the solution here was using the "queryDefinition" option. This was conspicuously absent from the Integration Builder's Guide.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

So the solution here was using the "queryDefinition" option. This was conspicuously absent from the Integration Builder's Guide.

Top Tags