cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to use si sharesubproject

ChrisIng
3-Visitor

How to use si sharesubproject

Hi,

I want to share the project /project/A/project.pj to project /projects/B/project.pj, so that the final result is /projects/B/SharedA/project.pj.

I tried this command:

$ si sharesubproject --sharedProject=/projects/A/project.pj --type=build -rsubproject 1.5 --project=/projects/B/project.pj SharedA

But in this case I'm getting the following error message:

*** MKS978530: This command accepts a selection of exactly one subproject location.

How do I have to modify my command to get the share as described above?

Kind regards,

Christian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:ascott)

One more change - the command line does not automatically add project.pj to the subproject name, so you need to have that as well:

si sharesubproject --sharedProject=/projects/A/project.pj --type=build -r 1.5 --project=/projects/B/project.pj SharedA/project.pj

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ascott
17-Peridot
(To:ChrisIng)

Hi Christian,

It looks like you have a minor mistake with the subproject revision parameter....

-rsubproject should just be -r <revision number>

So the complete command would look like this:

si sharesubproject --sharedProject=/projects/A/project.pj --type=build -r 1.5 --project=/projects/B/project.pj SharedA

Hope that helps!
-Andrew

awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:ascott)

One more change - the command line does not automatically add project.pj to the subproject name, so you need to have that as well:

si sharesubproject --sharedProject=/projects/A/project.pj --type=build -r 1.5 --project=/projects/B/project.pj SharedA/project.pj

ChrisIng
3-Visitor
(To:awalsh)

That's it, thanks a lot.

After reading your answer I even recognized, that 'subproject' is italic at the CLI documentation - I guess I should no longer work in the evening.

Top Tags