cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Howto quick insert a new issue into a document at a selected position (without using the "Insert" key)?

JensN.
13-Aquamarine

Howto quick insert a new issue into a document at a selected position (without using the "Insert" key)?

Hi all,

in Integrity 10.7 in the document view i see a list of issues. As an example i have an input document, and there is a structure with several issues of itemtype "input". If i edit the third document in the list, and i want to insert a new input issue just between the third and the fourth item i can go two ways:

1. Pressing the "Insert" Key at the keyboard after selecting the third issue: This is by far the quickest way, because it takes the issue type from the selected issue and creates a new issue of this type just below of the selected one.

2. selecting the third issue and going to the menu "Content/Insert Content/...", but there i have to choose between all allowed issue types.

At least i would like to get the first functionality as an entry in a context menu, but there is no option to get this anywhere in the client.

I tried to rebuild this by a cli-command to use it as a custom action, but there is no single cli command which can do this. So i have to build a little program with at least two im commands, but this needs much more time than the simple use of the "Insert" key. But the users wont use this key (i dont know why. Users.)

How can i achieve what i want? How can i use the "insert key"-functionality without using the "Insert key"?

Thanks, Jens

4 REPLIES 4
MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise
(To:JensN.)

Hi Jens,

That functionality is not currently available, if you're looking to do this via the right-click context menu.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS86863&lang=en_US

We had this logged as an old RFC - but I'd suggest posting a product idea here in the Community for this, as that is where product management now looks for these customer ideas, and I'm guessing many customers would vote for it.

JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:MichaelChatel)

Hi Michael,

thanks for this information. Interesting: this case is a case from our company, but it came from another department, so it's a bit embarassing

We will have a look how we'll handle this case from now on...

cheers, Jens

Hello Jens,

it's the first time for me that someone complains about the missing menu and the need to use the "ins" key.

The user is - in that moment - interested to enter some text, so what is the issue with the "ins" key before that?

Would this be a valid argument to your users to accept the "ins" key?

Just an additional note: the category that is taken for the new node is derived from the last node insert or update operation. It is not related to the position from which you start the "ins" action.

Regards, Volker

JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hi Volker,

in my personal opinion the insert key is the easiest way to get a new, empty issue into a document, but users often have their own ideas

And thanks for the additional info, this is really interesting. Could you explain how i could find such an info in the documentation? I tried, but it wasn't successful...

cheers, Jens 

Top Tags