cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

[IM] Problem with the navigation through an item via tab-key

JensN.
13-Aquamarine

[IM] Problem with the navigation through an item via tab-key

Hi @all,

for the user an item is more or less a form with some fields, and he has to navigate through this form to edit the fields. He can do this by clicking with the mouse in the fields he wants to edit, or he can (try to) navigate from one field to another field by pressing the tab key. The latter is preferred by the most of my users (and me). Now we have one item with three fields, which are located side by side in one cell of its presentation template. The fields are named like <special_field_1>, <special_field_2> and <special_field_3>. when i try to navigate through these fields via the tab key, the order is 1,2,3, as ist supposed to be.

But: the item can change its look depending on the content of some other fields (item-visibilty, override for fields and so on), but the above three fields shouldn't be affected in any case. But if i edit another field, the order of these three fields IS changing to 1,2,3 (as it is supposed to be). AND I DONT KNOW WHY!

To avoid this strange behaviour i would like to define a fix order, but it seems not to be possible. Anybody out there with some hints?

Thanks, Jens

1 REPLY 1
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:JensN.)

Hello Jens-Uwe Nixdorf‌,

Is this consistent in both the web UI and the thick client? 

I don't know why either, but I'm curious.  Apparently in HTML, there's a tabindex attribute which would do this, but I can't see any way to set that in the Item Presentation Template.  If you see this happening in the web UI, you can dump the HTML source and see if there is such a value set, and compare it to another HTML source dump of the same item where this isn't happening, and see if that's helpful.

Sorry I don't have anything more useful to suggest.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags