cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

[IM] clientside german dictionaries for spellchecking?

JensN.
13-Aquamarine

[IM] clientside german dictionaries for spellchecking?

Hi all,

the spell checker in Integrity could check text in rich text fields. The dictionary for this function is located at the server, and in our environment the dictionary is the standard dictionary for english. We want to spellcheck also german texts, but we wont change the standard dictionary at theserver. Now i've heard, that it is possible to have an additional clientside dictionary. Is this true and if so, is it possible to change the language to check to german only for the specific clients? And if this is also true, is there anyone who could give me a link to a good german dictionary which can be used with the client?

Thanks, Jens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blercher
4-Participant
(To:JensN.)

yes, this unmunch command will create all word forms from a e.g. hunspell dictionary

call unmunch de_DE.dic de_DE.aff (cmd) and you will receive a word list that you can use in Integrity

Bernd

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
blercher
4-Participant

Hi Jens,

I'm not sure, if it possible to use german and english dictionaries at the same time.

What we have done:

1. download german dictionary (hunspell, myspell, libre-/openoffice

2. generate complete word list for Integrity

2.1 unmunch de_DE.dic de_DE.aff (unmunch = hunspell command)

3. set path to dictionary in admin client (in the gui, workflows and Documents, General field External dictionary URL)

3.1 Workflows and Documents, Configuration, Properties:

mksis.im.spellingDictionary

Hope this helps

JensN.
13-Aquamarine

Hi Bernd,

thank you for your answer. Because we wont change the general (english) dictionary we need to try if it's possible to have both dictionaries at the same time: the english one at the server and the german one at the client. Are you satisfied with the german dictionaries that you found at the internet? We tried this several years ago, and at this time the quality of the german dictionaries we've found was not good enough for us...

kind regards, Jens

blercher
4-Participant

Hi Jens,

I just know that it's possible to enhance the server dictionary with a local one.

You have to extract the different forms from the given word list. If you are doing this, yes, then this dictionaries are suitable.

But they are not as good as MS Word dictionatries, e.g.

Bernd

JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:blercher)

Hi Bernd,

thank you. Is this "extracting of the different forms of the word list" what you mentioned above done by the unmunching-command?

kind regards, Jens

blercher
4-Participant

yes, this unmunch command will create all word forms from a e.g. hunspell dictionary

call unmunch de_DE.dic de_DE.aff (cmd) and you will receive a word list that you can use in Integrity

Bernd

JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:blercher)

Hi Bernd,

i've tested this, and unmunching seems to be also the solution for our bad experience the last time we tried OpenOffice-Dictionaries. As we have a english dictianry at the server and i tried to use a german dictionary at the client i've also tested the switch between english and german spellchecking, and this seems to work also without a problem.

Thanks for your help and kind regards,

Jens 

Top Tags