cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

INtegrity merge question

hmagnanao
1-Newbie

INtegrity merge question

Is there a command that checks whether or not a member is merged to a specific branch ?

13 REPLIES 13
JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:hmagnanao)

I don't believe what you're asking exists, but I think more information is needed to fully understand your question.

Are you talking about a merge/inheritance feature?

What do you mean by "branch"? (I really, really hope it's not the old branched model technique!)

I'm looking at a file in branch A. I want to know if it was merged correctly to branch B. I know how to look at member history to find it out but I want to know if there is a command that can check.

JoshH
3-Visitor

Are you talking about Integrity or Creo?

Integrity

JoshH
3-Visitor

Ahh, sorry, I can't help you there. I'd suggest moving this over to the Integrity discussion.

Good luck.

This is the integrity discussion board

Hi,

I moved the discussion into the PTC Integrity community to get the right eyes on the question.

Cheers!

Dan

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Hector,

I assume you are using change packages? If so, then through the GUI you could look for change packages that contain the member, and see which branches that member is part of.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Hi,

Yes, we are using change packages. But, I am looking for a command line version to check if a member is merged to a branch.

Thanks,

Hector

Hi Kael,

I know how to check it through the GUI. I'm looking to script this using a command line interface in Integrity.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Hector,

I am not in the office now, but going by memory I believe the command you are looking for would be along the lines of si viewcp --fields=member,variant <Issue>:<ChangePackageID>.

For more information (such as other fields you would like want listed in your output), you can look at the command in detail by looking at the manpage for si viewcp on your local system, or look at the Integrity CLI Reference for Configuration Management.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Kael,

I don't see an option in the si viewcp command that would tell me if a file is merged or not. The best it can show tell me is whether the file was propagated.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

This shows up (as a dotted line) in the member history.

si rlog might show the information you are looking for. I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Top Tags