cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

If multiple Trigger files (java scripts), how are Parameters set for each?

tmiller-3
1-Newbie

If multiple Trigger files (java scripts), how are Parameters set for each?

I am guessing that it is not possible but....

I have a trigger and would like to have more than one file/script. The parameters tab becomes disabled. Is there a way to have different parameters for different scripts for a trigger? See attached.

4 REPLIES 4
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:tmiller-3)

You are correct, this is not possible. A trigger can only run one script.

You have to set up one trigger per script, or combine the scripts into one.

Straighten me out. The documentation seems to suggest otherwise. See attached that describes multiple files. When multiple files are listed, the parameters tab becomes disabled. See second screenshot.

PTC_trigger_Files.JPG

ptc_trigg.JPG

LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:tmiller-3)

Interesting (that it's documented and someone read it ). I tested configuring two scripts with parameters in common, but as you noticed the parameters tab gets greyed out immediately.

So it does seem like you can run multiple scripts, but without parameters. I guess it might work if you love to and can hardcode everything. I don't see the value in that, though.

Hi Ty,

You may want to open a Support case, to find out particulars for this scenario.  I suspect you are right, and it's a scenario I have personally not seen, until I saw you asked about it here.  We do allow for the multiple script files to be defined and called, for a trigger, but don't allow parms to be specified in that scenario.  Perhaps there is a trigger design issue, where this is intentional, but I could not find info off-hand if so.

It will probably need a Support case opened for investigation.

Top Tags