cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Importing requirements from Excel and maintain structure...

challer
1-Newbie

Importing requirements from Excel and maintain structure...

I know this has been probably asked before. Can I take an Excel spreadsheet with specification and import the specs into PTC and maintain some of the structure -> not just the document in its entirety. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:challer)

Hello Chris Haller‌,

There is a feature request for this functionality.  You can open a case with Support to have your organization added to it.  The feature request is RFC 104457.  Please let the TSE know about this thread.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Chris Haller‌,

There is a feature request for this functionality.  You can open a case with Support to have your organization added to it.  The feature request is RFC 104457.  Please let the TSE know about this thread.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

How to import data from excel into ptc integrity 11.0?please help
Shree
6-Contributor
(To:Shuban)

Are you asking how to import the Excel document to trigger(into JS file). ?

if your answer is yes , we can import excel document by giving the path in parameter.

Shuban
3-Visitor
(To:Shree)

Hi Shree, I am looking to import and map all the data from a excel spreadsheet(ALM_Open point,ALM_Change Request,ALM_Tasks,ALM_Review,ALM _Checklist,ALM _Build,ALM _Delivery) into PTC Integrity 11.0 .what is procedure for dumping the excel data into PTC integrity 11.0 Life cycle manager .Pls help

Hi,The link provided by you to open up a case with PTC integrity is not working..pls help me in importing the data from excel to PTC integrity 11.0

Hello,

we in PTC Consulting have created an Excel Loader which is capable of reading the structure of the Excel document, reads in addition the doc attributes like Title and Assigned User, and can import all this through the Standard Integrity Gateway.

Please see this link for some details.

https://github.com/VEckardt/IntegrityCustomImport

Is this what you are looking for?

Thanks

Volker

@VolkerEckardt This is exactly what I was looking for as it can replace the csv loader we were using. I have had some issues trying to install. Would it be possible for you to provide some further installation instructions on the build please?

Thank you,

Adrian

Shuban
3-Visitor

This what I am exactly looking for..Pls give the steps how to achieve it..PTC in our organization is installed by a Third party vendor . I can connect to a training server and perform the steps suggested by you...pls help
Top Tags