cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Integrity ALM Installation - Existing Environment

mattia
1-Newbie

Integrity ALM Installation - Existing Environment

Hello,

Currently our MKS installation activates only Requirements and Tasks as work items.

Our MKS server manages the repositories, Build for miscellaneous big projects and a ~big number of users (arround 2000).

My Question:

It is possible to install the ALM of MKS without disturbing the current environment?

What is the risk: to perturb the current users/projects/workflow?

This Question is very important for me:

What about the estimated Time to install and use the first ALM with default ALM template?

Thanks in advance

Miled Attia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanR.
10-Marble
(To:jgorsline)

I will second that. We currently have 2 Integrity Servers. One for production and one for test. The ALM does make a good deal of changes. As Jeremy stated, I would recommend you install it on a seperate Integrity server. We are not presently using it, but it provides good examples of how it could be used.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

No, you cannot install the ALM solution onto an existing environment without disturbing it. The ALM installation makes a great number of big changes and cannot be uninstalled.

As per your other post, I would recommend a test environment to work with ALM.

As for time, I have set up test servers and installed ALM on top of them from scratch (VM->OS->Integrity->ALM) in less than an hour start to finish, so it is not a difficult process.

DanR.
10-Marble

I will second that. We currently have 2 Integrity Servers. One for production and one for test. The ALM does make a good deal of changes. As Jeremy stated, I would recommend you install it on a seperate Integrity server. We are not presently using it, but it provides good examples of how it could be used.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

I would also add that you should make sure the ALM solution is actually the one you intend to work with, since most current generation solutions cannot co-exist together.

We recommend that you contact PTC Integrity Support or PTC Integrity Services to discuss your solution requirements before installing any given solution.

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags