cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Integrity IRC 3.0

kkomarla
1-Newbie

Integrity IRC 3.0

Hello All,

I have PTC Integrity 10.5 Client and Server. Using IRC 3.0 I have generated ReqIF files for a specific DOORS module. Now i would like to push this ReqIF files into Integrity's Requirement Manager Section. I currently have RIF 2.4 Gateway for import function configured against the 10.5 client. When i give the ReqIF files as input for RIF 2.4 gateway, these files are not recognized!

I assume there is a ReqIF Gateway (similar to the one that RIF has), could you please provide me the path to download this gateway along with few example templates.

Also is Integrity 10.5 compatible with ReqIF files generated via IRC 3.0?

Kind Regards

Karthik Komarla

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is a direct interface or adapter between Integrity Requirements Connector (IRC) 3.0 and later with Integrity Lifecycle Manager. You do not need to use the Integrity LM RIF or Gateway utility to have the ReqIF file get imported into Integrity LM.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

There is a direct interface or adapter between Integrity Requirements Connector (IRC) 3.0 and later with Integrity Lifecycle Manager. You do not need to use the Integrity LM RIF or Gateway utility to have the ReqIF file get imported into Integrity LM.

johnm4
7-Bedrock
(To:kkomarla)

Hi 

I would like some more info on this solution IRC 3.0 /3.1 tool

Thanks

John

Just FYI, the latest version of Integrity Requirements Connector is 3.3.

Referring to your question about if Integrity LM 10.5 is compatible with ReqIF files generated out of IRC 3.0, yes, they are, but you probably want to look at using IRC 3.3 (also compatible with Integrity LM 10.5), and really, you should look at upgrading your Integrity LM to something newer as well (we are currently up to ILM 11.2, with 12.0 on the horizon).

IRC 3.3 user guide:

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/7EB5BA94A0724CF3B17DCB12BB16FB0D.pdf?sc_lang=en

jhm
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:MichaelChatel)

I need a License for Integrity IRC 3.3

MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise
(To:jhm)

Hey jhm,

You'll want to call in and get in contact with our Licensing team, in order to get a license for IRC 3.3.  Also, the IRC client also allows you to generate an email request, to the same team, requesting a license (and you provide the details asked for in the email template request).

Hi, I am using IRC 3.2, In Round Trip Config we could not able to set Target Path. My Target project is in PTC Integrity. First time I am trying to import ReqIF file into Integrity RM viewset. Is it possible to import ReqIF file into Integrity 10.6, I am not able to invoke Integrity Project folders while setting up the Target Path. Can you please help me out on this regard.

Hello! Did you find any solution?
I am using PTC IRC 3.4 and using JAVA API to manage the Importing and Updating docs into doors database. But while document have External links (Relation Groups) then i am not able to set Tareget path for Group Links.
Mean while if i deselect Import Relations (In 'Relation Groups') then i am able to do Import or Update Operation. but not with the selecting links.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

ErrorTargetPath.PNG

Hi Michael P,

You probably want to start your own thread posting, about IRC, since the last response on this thread was a couple of years ago.

Given your screenshot, and error message though, you may be hitting a known issue with IRC:

See this knowledge article:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS320141

You may want to open a Support case, for this.

Top Tags