cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Integrity and RequirementsLink

ptc-6793471
1-Newbie

Integrity and RequirementsLink

Hi

Im currently evaluating the possibilities of requirements management in windchill. I know, that there is Integrity, formerly known as MKS Integrity. I also know that there is or was a product called RequirementsLink. Currently I do not understand how theese two products are related together. Is Integrity a substitute for RequirementsLink? Or is RequirementsLink needed to access Integrity? Or are RequirementsLink and Integrity more and less the same?

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me to understand this.

And sorry for this "stupid" question.

regards Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In regard to RequirementsLink, RequirementsLink is no longer a PTC product. As of 10.1, it is retired and has been replaced by integrity's Windchill integration. See CS82797 for some additional information about the retirement of RequirementsLink.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-6793471)

Hello Frank,

That's a good question. I'm an Integrity Technical Support Engineer (TSE), and I can address part of the the Integrity side of this, but I'm not a Windchill expert.

Integrity does do requirements management, as well as workflow management, and SCCM. There is an integration between Integrity and Windchill, which I believe links the requirements model of Integrity to Windchill.

As far as I am aware, RequirementsLink has nothing to do with Integrity, and I know it is definitely not required to use Integrity.

I'll see if I can get TSEs with more detailed information to comment on the Integrity-Windchill integration and on RequirementsLink.

Regards,
Kael Lizak

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Hi Frank,

Integrity 10.1 and higher does have an integration with Windchill, which transfers Integrity Requirements documents and creates Windchill documents. This integration is done with a software called IIP (Integrity Integration Platform) that allows for the creation of adapters.

An adapter would be created for each "side" of the integration, with the IIP software acting to control the flow of information, and it should be thought of as the current generation of integration for sending Integrity Requirement data into Windchilll. You can create your own adapters, but we do ship with a few out-of-the-box.

The following guides should give you more information about IIP (both in our Integrity Product Reference Documentation section):

Administrator Guide

https://support.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=163070

Install Guide

https://support.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=163073

I would suggest your next step would be to talk to your PTC Integrity Account Manager for more details and perhaps to schedule a demonstration.

In regard to RequirementsLink, RequirementsLink is no longer a PTC product. As of 10.1, it is retired and has been replaced by integrity's Windchill integration. See CS82797 for some additional information about the retirement of RequirementsLink.

Top Tags